Message from OAC's Executive Director
Ontario’s aerospace industry is a world leader in multiple areas including: turboprop aircraft, business jets, turbine engines, landing gear systems, avionics, environmental systems and space robotics.
Our companies span all tiers, business activities and sizes. They comprise a technology intensive and diversified cluster and are key suppliers on major international programs such as Airbus A350 and A380, Boeing B787 and B777, Bombardier’s Global business jet family and De Havilland Aircraft of Canada's Dash 8-400 Turboprop. In total, Ontario companies have an active role in more than 150 aircraft and engine programs, defence systems, space systems and UAVs around the world.
We are here to enable you to connect with our aerospace companies and their people so as to open the door for opportunities to work together as well as collaborate in research and technology projects.
Our Ontario companies and the Ontario
government continue to invest in innovation along with the knowledge, skills,
and abilities of our people to ensure Ontario is well positioned to meet
the challenges of a highly competitive global market.
Did you know:
- Ontario is the second largest aerospace sector in Canada, generating over $6 Billion in annual sales with 80% in exports
- Ontario-made aerospace parts are used on virtually every commercial aircraft in the world
- 25% of Canada’s aerospace research and development activity is done in Ontario
- 15 of the top aerospace companies in the world have operations in Ontario
- 4 of the top global landing gear companies produce full or major components in Ontario
- Aerospace employment has seen steady growth and in 2018 totalled 44,600 jobs with 25,200 direct and 19,400 indirect
- Ontario’s space sector is the leader in Canada with nearly 52% of Canada’s space revenues and 46% of employment
- Ontario’s defence sector is the largest in Canada
- 16 universities and colleges offering over 40 aerospace-specific programs are found in Ontario
Connect with us to learn more about aerospace in Ontario. We look forward to hearing from you.
OAC's Executive Director