“Show Me The Money” – Maximizing Your Trade Show ROI
Trade and B2B shows are an effective means of promoting your organization’s products and services. However, they are not an inexpensive undertaking. Are you realizing value? Are you getting a real return on your investment (ROI)?
Join OAC for this full day event designed to provide you with tools and resources to maximize your trade show ROI. The morning offers a hands-on workshop with Adam Konowe of TMP Worldwide, followed by a networking lunch. The afternoon is a panel discussion with representatives from: MEDJCT International Trade, CCC, EDC (TBC), ISED, Global Affairs Canada for the Trade Commissioner Service and CanExport for SMEs providing information on the range of programs and services available to support this activity.
1. "How to Maximize Trade Show ROI" with Adam Konowe of TMP Worldwide
The indisputable rise of digital communications belies the fact that trade shows and other industry events remain one of the largest budget line items for marketing and business development. Yet many aerospace companies often perceive their significant and high-profile investments of time, talent and treasure as falling short of expectations.
This workshop, led by Adam Konowe of TMP Worldwide, will help attendees understand what are realistic key performance indicators for trade shows from a marketing perspective and how people in those roles can further empower successful business development before, during and after industry events. The agenda includes hands-on exercises to help companies differentiate, position and message to make the most of planned and ad hoc meetings with current and prospective customers, as well as credible influencers like the aerospace press corps.
2. "Support Programs & Resources" for Trade Shows & Export Markets
PANEL & DISCUSSION with:
Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation & Trade, International Business Growth Branch: Rita Patlan, Area Director – Aerospace, Defense and Security, Cleantech and Infrastructure (Europe)
- MEDJCT facilitates the presence of Ontario companies at a number of international shows each year in Aerospace, MRO, Defense & Security
- Services offered include pre-show support, on-site support and more
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED): Alex Thompson, A/Director, Aerospace, Defence and Marine Branch
- ISED’s role in enhancing Canada’s presence and impact at signature trade events
- ISED policies and programming as part of your pitch
- Leveraging government to support international business development
Global Affairs Canada: Wendy Désir, Trade Commissioner, Team Lead CanExport SME Program
- The CanExport SMEs program provides funding to Canadian SMEs to support global business growth. The program provides up to $75,000 in funding to cover up to 75% of international market development activities (travel to trade events, market research, translation of marketing materials, intellectual property protection) for up to 5 target export markets, where your firm has minimal or no existing sales.
- The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) has been helping companies navigate international markets for 125 years. The aerospace network includes 90 trade commissioners in markets abroad and 9 trade commissioners in Canada. The TCS offers four key services: market potential assessment, preparation for international markets, problem solving and qualified contacts.
Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC): Mathieu Lacroix, Aerospace Sector Director
- CCC gives you greater access to foreign government buyers so you can grow your business as a Canadian exporter.
- Covers a wide range of sectors and opportunities, with experience and expertise to help you navigate the complexities of foreign government procurement markets with more confidence, less risk and stronger competitive differentiation.
Export Development Canada (EDC): invited
7:45 – 8:30 am Arrival & Networking
8:30 – 8:35 am Welcome
8:35 – 10:15 am WORKSHOP - How to Maximize Trade Show ROI
Adam Konowe, VP, TMP Worldwide
10:15 – 10:30 am Coffee Break
10:30 – 12:30 pm WORKSHOP - How to Maximize Trade Show ROI
12:30 – 1:30 pm Networking Lunch
1:30 – 1:45 pm Introduction of Panel: Support Programs & Resources for Trade
Shows & Export Markets
1:45 – 2:00 pm MEDJCT International Trade, Rita Patlan
2:00 – 2:15 pm ISED – Alex Thompson
2:15 – 2:30 pm CCC – Mathieu Lacroix
2:30 – 2:45 pm Global Affairs Canada – Wendy Désir
2:45 – 3:00 pm Q&A
3:00 – 3:15 pm Wrap Up
3:15 pm Event Concludes